Elementary Read Across America 2017 February 28-March 3
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
We are excited to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Read Across America with our students this year!
Schedule for the week:
Tuesday, February 28: Hats Off to Dr. Seuss Day
- Students and teachers wear hats and/or crazy hair
- The Cat in the Hat will welcome students as they arrive in the morning
- All school assembly at 8:30.
Wednesday, March 1: Oh the Places I Plan to Go Day
- Students and teachers dress for the places they hope to go in their lives (career day)
- Volunteers will read to students throughout the day
Thursday, March 2: Read Across America Day
- Students and teachers may wear pajamas and bring their pillows and blankets
- Read-In from 2:45-3:30 in the afternoon
Friday, March 3: Celebration Day
- Students and teachers wear bright colors
- Reward recess time for points earned throughout the week for Seuss quotes and trivia game
We’re looking forward to a fun-filled week!